Saturday, November 7, 2020

Updates from St. Columba - November 7, 2020

 

Weekend Mass Schedule

 

Saturday – 5:30 pm

Sunday – 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am, 12:00 noon

 

Please bring your cellphone or tablet, download the music and sing with us! Reminder – at end of Mass center sections exit using main doors, side sections exit using side doors. Thanks!

 

Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time 

 

Entrance: Rejoice, the Lord is King!

1.         Rejoice, the Lord is King!

            Your Lord and King adore!

            Rejoice, give thanks, and sing,

            And triumph evermore.

 

REF.- Lift up your heart, lift up your voice!

Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!

           

4.         Rejoice in glorious hope!

            For Christ the judge shall come

            And take his servants up

            To their eternal home.

Text: Charles Wesley, 1707-1788, alt.

 

Presentation: How Great Thou Art

1.         O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder

            Consider all the works thy hands have made,

            I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,

            Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed!

Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee;

How great thou art, how great thou art!

Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee;

How great thou art, How great thou art!

4.         When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation

            And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!

            Then I shall bow in humble adoration

            And there proclaim, “My God, how great thou art!”

Text: Stuart K. Hine, 1899-1989, © 1949, 1953, Stuart K. Hine Trust. Print rights administered by Hope Publishing Company in the USA.

 

Communion: Shepherd me, O God

Shepherd me, O God, beyond my wants, beyond my fears, from death into life.

  1. God is my shepherd, so nothing shall I want, I rest in the meadows of faithfulness and love, 

            I walk by the quiet waters of peace.

2.            Gently you raise me and heal my weary soul, 

  you lead me by pathways of righteousness and  truth, my spirit shall sing the music of your name.

3.            Though I should wander the valley of death, 

            I fear no evil, for you are at my side,  your rod and your staff, my comfort and my hope.

 

4.            You have set me a banquet of love in the face of hatred, crowning me with love beyond my pow'r to hold.

 

5.         Surely your kindness and mercy follow me all the days of my life; 

            I will dwell in the house of my God for evermore.

Text: Psalm 23; Marty Haugen, b.1950, © 1986, GIA Publications, Inc.

 

Recessional: For all the Saints

 1.        For all the saints who from their labors rest, 

            All who by faith before the world confessed,

            Your name, O Jesus, be for ever blest.

            Alleluia! Alleluia!

 

7.         But then there breaks a yet more glorious day: 

            The saints triumphant rise in bright array;

            The King of glory passes on his way.

            Alleluia! Alleluia!

Text: William W. How, 1823-1897, alt.

 

Reprinted with permission under ONE LICENSE #A-700703. All rights reserved.

 

PARISH MEETINGS

Monday – Staff Zoom at 12:00 noon, Parish Council Zoom at 7:00 pm

 

VETERAN’S DAY – November 11

Morning Mass at 7:00 am, Parish Office Closed, No Adoration, Church closed after morning Mass. God bless our Veterans!

 

HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP APPLE PICKING – Sunday meet at 2:30 pm at Barton Farms. You must see Father Connolly after any weekend Mass if you have not already signed up!

 

CARDINAL’S APPEAL – As of October 23

Goal - $139,000.00

Pledged - $98,379.00

Gifts – 414

Average Gift - $237.63

God bless you – there is still time to give! https://cardinalsappeal.org/

 

RENEW AND REBUILD – As of November 2

Goal - $1,700,000.00

Pledged - $1,759,146.92

Received - $1,132,674.16

Thank you so much for keeping up with your pledges!