Graduation Exercises for Students from St. Stephen - St. Edward School:
Wednesday, June 11 - 8th Grade Graduation Dinner Dance
Friday, June 13 - 8th Grade Graduation Mass and Ceremony at 7:00 p.m. in church
Monday, June 16 - Pre-K Graduation at 1:00 p.m. in the gym
Tuesday - Kindergarten Graduation at 1:00 p.m. in the church
Congratulations to all and thanks to our Faculty & Staff for a job well done!
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Sunday, June 1, 2014
Pope Francis just came back from the Holy Land
Mt. Zion: Catholic Cemetery (Oskar Shindler), Dormition Abbey, Tomb of David, Cenacle
1) Inviting the two leaders to come to Rome & pray
2) Praying at the dividing wall.
3) Yad Vashem "O Adam, where are you?"
4) Mass in “The Cenacle” Latin from cena – dinner. The Upper Room
Upper Room on Mount Zion – just outside old city of Jerusalem.
Cenacle: Last Supper – Gathered after Ascension – Pentecost – Sent Forth
Holy Father – Cenacle speaks of:
1) Service – the Washing of the Feet. Follow Jesus example of love. To serve the poor, sick and the outcast.
2) Sacrifice – every Mass, Jesus offered Himself. So too, we can offer our lives, our work, our joys and sorrows. Offer it up! A spiritual sacrifice.
3) Friendship – no longer servants but friends. To become a friend of the Lord Jesus – he is our friend – never alone – do not be afraid.
4) Promise to Return – I will not leave you orphans. He will bring us to His Father’s house.
5) Betrayal – by our sins, we betray Jesus.
6) Fraternity, Harmony & Peace – From the Eucharist and from the Holy Spirit.
7) New Family – church, a great family. WE find hope to keep moving forward, amid all the challenges and problems of life.
Upper Room – almost impossible to have Mass there today. Only 2 times a year allowed: Holy Thursday and Pentecost. Special permission for the Pope. I visited Cenacle but offered Mass next door – in Dormition Abbey.
But as I always tell you, you do not have to travel to Mount Zion to find this – here in our Cenacle, here in our Upper Room, in the Sacraments, in one another, gathered in prayer with the Mother of Jesus, we receive what we need – so that WE can go forth! Lord, send forth your Spirit, and renew the face of the earth!