Thursday, May 25, 2017
The Cluster Parishes of St. Denis, St, Columba and St. Kateri will join together to offer Holy Mass on Monday, May 29 at 9:00 a.m. at St. Denis Cemetery. (In case of rain, Mass will be in church). Please note that there will be NO MASS offered at St. Columba on Monday.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Monday, May 22, 2017
Join us Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday May 22-23-24 for our Revive Mission at St. Kateri Church in Lagrangeville. Each evening starts at 7:00 p.m. with Adoration followed by the Mission 7:30 - 8:30 p.m. At the conclusion of each night, Confessions will be available. All are welcome!
Bring a friend!
Bring a friend!
Friday, May 19, 2017
Sunday, May 14, 2017
On behalf of the priests, deacons, religious sisters and staff of St. Columba, we wish all of our mothers a Happy Mother's Day. May God bring you many graces and blessings this day! We also offer a heartfelt prayer for our mothers who have gone before us in faith. May they rest in peace.
Today marks the 100th Anniversary of Mary’s Appearance to the children in Fatima. Pope Francis traveled to Fatima this weekend to offer Mass and to canonize two of the shepherd children – Francesco and Jacinta. First time in our church history that children who were not martyrs were declared saints. St Francisco & St. Jacinta, pray for us!
Mary appeared beginning today and on the 13th of each month for 5 months – until October 13, 1917. On that day, 70,000 traveled to Fatima, including the aunt and uncle of Bishop Dominick. It had rained all morning. The people were wet and the roads and fields were filled with mud. But then came our Lady, revealed as Our Lady of the Rosary. And then came the Miracle of the Sun. The sun danced in the sky. Their clothes were completely dry and the mud was gone! Bishop and his family were very affected by the miracle – a reminder is found in the back of our church – placed by Bishop Dominick!
The children were given 3 secrets:
- First was a vision of hell which foretold of the coming of WWII. They were encouraged to pray, especially the Rosary. O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy.
- Second had to do with the rise and fall of communism, and devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- Third was written down and sealed – looked at by John 23 and Paul 6. On this exact day May 13, 1981, Pope John Paul 2 was shot 4 times. He lost 75% of his blood, but her survived. He asked to see the third secret – “Bishop dressed in white shot by bullets.” Was asked by his assassin Ali Agca – “Why aren’t you dead?” Pope – “A mother’s hand guided the bullets path.” On May 13, 1982, John Paul II went to Fatima and offered one of the bullets to Our Lady. It has been placed in her crown.
I have been to Fatima – it truly is a special place. I offered Mass at Cova da Iria – Vale of Peace. Jesus said – do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God, have faith in me!
- Peace is not only possible, it is inevitable. You will make it happen. Give everything over to my Immaculate Heart.
- Nothing that hurts you, no sacrifice, no war, no fear can stand up to the peace my Son offers. The way to that peace is through the Cross, which is a key to all there is, a path to walk with me. It is not – it is never – too late.
- Sin hurts but sinners can be bathed in mercy. Wars happen but they will not be the last act. You can drive God out of the country, but my image will stand in Red Square.”
On this Mother’s Day when we thank God for our moms, grandmothers, godmothers and foster mothers – we are reminded by Pope Francis – We have a another Mother – Mary, the Mother of Jesus - Cling to her. Holy Mary Mother of God. . . .
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
The Road to Emmaus – Emmaus – 7 miles from Jerusalem - became famous 200 years before Christ – Judas the Maccabee (the Hammer) and his army won a victory against the Syrian forces of Antiochus Epiphanes. A few days later they took back the temple
And tore down the Statue of Zeus – they wanted to light the candle but had only 1 flask of pure oil – 1 day’s worth – lasted 8 days - the Feast of Hanukkah – Festival of Lights
Now Emmaus seems to be a place to drown your sorrows – a place to lick wounds – a place of defeat.
Jesus is dead – Peter did speak of an empty tomb and women say something about seeing him – but it must be all nonsense. The dream is over. Mistake – left the group, off on their own, easy to doubt.
Stranger joins them - why could they not see it was Jesus?
- Resurrected body?
- Just could not be Him! Did not fit!
He asks – what are you discussing? A look – what’s wrong with you? Don’t you know what happened?? – actually HE IS the ONLY ONE who really knew what happened!
Begins to make connections – helps to understand Scripture – the Messiah first must suffer! Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ - Jerome
Acts to go farther - stay with us – Act of hospitality - a brilliant move – he said, when 2 or 3 are gathered, there am I! Recall painting in St. Paul’s, London. Handle on inside!
He enters as a guest – becomes the Host - Takes Bread – breaks it - eyes were opened - They knew Him in the Breaking of the Bread – Eucharist.
Jesus revealed in Word – Eucharist – together. Sound familiar? God is present in many way – but in a most special way here!!!
Emmaus – where is it today?
Card Dolan in Holy Land – anything else – want to see Emmaus!
Sad – about 4 that claim it.
Could be this road – or that road.
Could be 5th Ave – I 84 – Taconic State Parkway – Rt 9 – 55 – 82???!!!
All roads can lead to Emmaus – here! - and here our hearts will burn within us as we see Him again - Word + the Breaking of the Bread and one another!!!