Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Thanksgiving Mass Music


Music For Thanksgiving Day Mass 8:00 am

 

1.         For the beauty of the earth,

            For the glory of the skies,

            For the love which from our birth

            Over and around us lies:

 

Lord of all, to you we raise

This our hymn of grateful praise.

 

[2.          For yourself, best Gift Divine,

            To this world so freely giv'n;

            Word Incarnate, God's design,

            Peace on earth and joy in heav'n:]

 

Text: Folliot S. Pierpont, 1835-1917, alt.

 

[Presentation:

Salve, Regina/Hail, Mary, Mother and Queen

Chant, Mode V/Paul F. Ford

 

Salve, Regína, Mater misericórdiae:

Vita dulcédo et spes nostra, salve.

Ad te clamámus, éxsules, fílii Hevae.

Ad te suspirámus, geméntes et flentes

in hac lacrimárum valle.

Eia ergo, Advocáta nostra,

illos tuos misericórdes óculos ad nos convérte.

Et Jesum, benedíctum fructum ventris tui,

nobis post hoc exsílium osténde.

O clemens, O pia, O dulcis Virgo María.]

 

Communion Hymn

I give you a new commandment: Love one another as I have loved you, as I have loved you.

  1. This is my will, my one command, That love should dwell among you all. This is my will, that you should love, as I have shown that I love you.
  2. No greater love that one can have, than that one die to save one’s friends. You are my friends, if you obey what I command that you should do.
  3. I call you now no longer slaves; no slave knows all the master does. I call you friends, for all I hear the Father say you hear from me.
  4. You chose not me, but I chose you, that you should go and bear much fruit. I chose you out, that you in me should bear much fruit that will abide.
  5. All that you ask my Father, dear, for my name’s sake you shall receive. This is my will, my one command, that Love should dwell in each, in all.

Steven R. Janco Text (ref.) and music © 1999, WLP

Jn 15:12–17 Vss.: James Quinn, SJ, 1919–2010 Text (vss.) © 1969, James Quinn, SJ, pub. by OCP






Recessional:

 

1.         Now thank we all our God

            With hearts and hands and voices,

            Who wondrous things has done,

            In whom his world rejoices;

            Who from our mothers' arms

            Has blessed us on our way

            With countless gifts of love,

            And still is ours today.

 

2.         O may this gracious God

            Through all our life be near us,

            With ever joyful hearts

            And blessed peace to cheer us;

            Preserve us in his grace,

            And guide us in distress,

            And free us from all harm

            Till heaven we possess.

 

Text: Nun danket alle Gott; Martin Rinkart, 1586-1649; tr. by Catherine Winkworth, 1827-1878, alt.

 

Reprinted with permission under ONE LICENSE #A-700703. All rights reserved.