Saturday, October 24, 2020

Updates from St. Columba - October 24, 2020

 

Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time

 

Our Mass Schedule this weekend:

Saturday 5:30 pm – in church

Sunday 8:00 am – in church

Sunday 10:00 am – outdoors

Sunday 12 noon – in church

 

This is our final weekend to have an outdoor Mass. It will likely be very chilly so dress warmly. Next weekend for the Solemnity of All Saints we return to our old Mass schedule with all Masses in church: Saturday 5:30 pm, Sunday 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am, 12:00 noon.

 

Entrance Antiphon

Cantor: Let  the  hearts  of  those  who  seek  the  Lord  rejoice;    seek  the Lord  and  be  strength-  ened;   seek  his  face  for  evermore. 

Vs. Give thanks  to  the  Lord  and  call  upon  his  name;   declare  his  deeds  among  the  gentiles.  

Assembly: Vs. Glory  be  to  the  Father,  and  to the  Son, and  to the  Holy  Spirit...  

 

Psalm: I love you Lord, my strength, my strength.

 

Communion Antiphon

We  shall  rejoice  in  your  salvation;   and  in the name  of  the Lord  our  God  shall we  place our  pride.

 

Communion Hymn

I give you a new commandment: Love one another as I have loved you, as I have loved you.

1.    This is my will, my one command, That love should dwell among you all. This is my will, that you should love, as I have shown that I love you.

2.    No greater love that one can have, than that one die to save one’s friends. You are my friends, if you obey what I command that you should do.

3.    I call you now no longer slaves; no slave knows all the master does. I call you friends, for all I hear the Father say you hear from me.

4.    You chose not me, but I chose you, that you should go and bear much fruit. I chose you out, that you in me should bear much fruit that will abide.

5.    All that you ask my Father, dear, for my name’s sake you shall receive. This is my will, my one command, that Love should dwell in each, in all.

 

Steven R. Janco Text (ref.) and music © 1999, WLP

Jn 15:12–17 Vss.: James Quinn, SJ, 1919–2010 Text (vss.) © 1969, James Quinn, SJ, pub. by OCP

 

Reprinted with permission under ONE LICENSE #A-700703. All rights reserved.

 

SPECIAL COLLECTION FOR ST. VINCENT DEPAUL FOOD PANTRY – Once a year we take a special collection for our Food Pantry. Our Tri-Parish Food Pantry serves hundreds of people throughout the year. It is a hugely important resource for so many. Please use the envelope you received at home or put your donation in an envelope marked “St. Vincent DePaul” and drop it in the collection. Thank you for your generous support.

 

ALL SOULS DAY – Please return your All Souls Intention envelopes and be sure to write your Intentions on the envelope. Additional envelopes are available on the racks in church. A Novena of Masses will be offered beginning November 2.

 

PRAYERS NEEDED – Steve Broussard and Dennis McCormack are to be ordained Deacons next Saturday at 9:00 am at the Cathedral. Admission by ticket only. But now Steve is facing Gall Bladder surgery on Monday! With all your prayers, we hope he can recover sufficiently to be ordained as scheduled.  Also, please pray for Mother Gloria who has been diagnosed with skin cancer.  

 

ANNUAL RETREAT – Father Connolly will be away on his annual retreat this week Please pray for him, and we are sure he will be praying for all of us.


SCHOOL RAFFLES - With the Gala cancelled, our beautiful raffle items remain to be won. Take a chance after Mass today!