Saturday, October 10, 2020

Updates From St. Columba - October 10, 2020


Entrance Antiphon:  (Ps 129:3-4, 1-2) 

Cantor-   O  Lord, if you were to take into account our iniquities, who would withstand the test?  

 But  forgiveness  abides  with  you,  O God of Israel.  

(Vs. Out  of  the  depths  have  I  cried  to    you,  O  Lord;   Lord,  hear  my  voice. )

Assembly-   Glory  be  to  the  Father,    and  to  the  Son,   and  to  the  Holy  Spirit.  As  it  was  in  the    beginning,   is  now,  and  ever  shall  be,   world  without  end.  Amen. 

 

GLORIA chant- may be found on page 9 in the digital missalette

 

Psalm Response: I shall live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.

 

Offertory (Esther 14:12-13) 

Remember  me,  O  Lord,   you  who  dominate  all  authority;  put  the  right  words on my lips,    so  that  my  speech  may  be  convincing   in  the    presence  of  the  King. 

 

Communion (Ps 118:22, 24)

Remove  from  me  all  scorn  and  contempt,    for  I  have  kept  your  commandments;   for  your  law  is  the  object  of  my  meditations.

 

Communion hymn:

1.      The King of love my shepherd is,

          Whose goodness fails me never;

          I nothing lack if I am his,

          And he is mine forever..

 

2.      Where streams of living water flow

          My ransomed soul he's leading,

          And, where the verdant pastures grow,

          With food celestial feeding.

 

3.      Confused and foolish oft I strayed,

          But yet in love he sought me,

          And on his shoulder gently laid,

          And home, rejoicing, brought me.

 

4.      In death's dark vale I fear no ill

          With you, dear Lord, beside me,

          Your rod and staff my comfort still,

          Your cross before to guide me.

 

5.      You spread a table in my sight,

          Your saving grace bestowing; 

          And, oh, what transport of delight 

          From your pure chalice flowing!

 

6.      And so, through all the length of days 

          Your goodness fails me never; 

          Good Shepherd, may I sing your praise 

          Within your house forever.

 

Text: Psalm 23; Henry W. Baker, 1821-1877, alt.

 

Reprinted with permission under ONE LICENSE #A-700703. All rights reserved.

 

EXPECTANT PARENT BLESSING – We will offer a Drive-By Blessing for Expectant Parents this Sunday, October 11 at 2:00 pm. Just drive to the front of the rectory. For safety’s sake, you do not need to exit your car.

 

COLUMBUS DAY – Morning Mass will be at 8:00 am. There will be No Adoration. All parish offices will be closed. We have funerals at 10:00 am and 12 Noon. The church will close at the end of the last funeral.

 

CARDINAL’S APPEAL as of October 2
Goal - $139,000.00
Pledge - $97,059.00
Number of Gifts – 411
Average Gift - $236.15
Any gift, large or small, is deeply appreciated!

RENEW AND REBUILD as of September 18
Goal - $1,709,000.00
Pledged - $1,758,846.92
Paid - $1,108,513.03
Many thank for keeping up with your pledge!