Sunday, February 26, 2017

Do Not Worry!

A man used to worry a great deal. One day his friends noticed – he seemed not to have a care in the world
Well, I decided all this worry was unwise and unhealthy.
So I decided to hire someone to do my worrying for me.
How much?  Oh about $1,000 per week.
How can you afford to pay this man?   That’s his worry!

Wish it was this easy!   Safe to say we all have worries!

Recent study:
2% of worrying time is spent on things that can actually be helped by worrying
40% on things that never happen
35% on things that cannot be changed
15% on things that turn out better than expected
8 % on useless, petty worries

Listen to Jesus   three times-don’t worry    your Father knows what you need -  after all I know you, I love you, I care about you!!

1)     Yesterday is History  -   with it’s cares,  pains, and mistakes – is gone. It was mine, not it is God’s
2)     Tomorrow is a Mystery – with its fears, possibilities, burdens, promises and failures. But it is not mine, yet – it is God’s
3)     Today is a gift  -  that is why we call it “the present.”   One day at a time

Today is the gift.

1)      Live in the present
2)     Always try to do the right thing – nothing like a clean conscience
3)     Let go of the rest  - Hand it over to God
Holding up a glass – how heavy is it?   10oz   16oz
Weight doesn’t matter – it depends on how long you try to hold it.
Hold minute – no problem     hour – arm aching    Day – call an ambulance
Put it down
.
Next to bed
“Before you go to bed, give your troubles to God. He will be up all night anyway.”






Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

~ Reinhold Niebuhr