Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

- Mothers teach us about WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
- Mothers teach us about LOGIC. "Because I said so, that's why."
- Mothers teach us about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
- Mothers teach us about ANTICIPATION. "Just wait until your father gets home!"
- Mothers teach us about our ROOTS. "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

Gospel from the Last Supper – very last opportunity Jesus had to teach disciples.
Like His Last will and Testament

-         Love one another as I have loved you.
-         I will not leave you alone – I will send the advocate, the Holy Spirit.
-         Peace I leave you, my peace is my gift to you.

1) Love One Another
Book  – No Mirrors in My Nana’s Place.   Girl who grew up in very poor neighborhood, raised by grandma – in my Nan’s house there are no mirrors.  How did you know what you looked like?   Every morning, get up, dress, comb my hair – ask Nana how I look? – you look beautiful.     Saw myself through Nana’s eyes    Through God’s eyes -  child of God!!!   Best thing a mother can do – teach you are loved just as you are!!!

2) I will not leave you alone – never alone
Best gift my Mother gave me - she taught me to pray – all sorts of prayers and to be with God.   To pray by myself: lived near the church – never pass by without saying a prayer, spent a lot of time alone in that church  – Pray together as a family – pray with my parish community.  
Never alone.

3) Peace I leave you, my peace I give you.     An inner peace.    Shawshank   Andy Dufrain locked himself in warden’s office & plays Mozart over the loudspeakers – for that he ends in solitary - easy time  -    I had Mozart with me   -    cannot touch inside.       A peace no one can take away!!!
  
So Love your moms
-         Verbally       Physically        Patiently
-         Attentively     Gratefully
-         Generously      -  Honorably


Happy Mother’s Day!