Saturday, March 13, 2021

Updates from St. Columba - March 13-14, 2021

 

REMEMBER – SPRING FORWARD – MOVE CLOCKS AHEAD ONE HOUR SATURDAY NIGHT!

 

Fourth Sunday of Lent ~ March 14, 2021

 

Entrance: (Verses as needed)

1.         From ashes to the living font 

            Your Church must journey, Lord, 

            Baptized in grace, in grace renewed 

            By your most holy word.

 

2.         Through fasting, prayer, and charity 

            Your voice speaks deep within, 

            Returning us to ways of truth 

            And turning us from sin.

 

3.         The Son of Man is lifted up, 

            Our eyes behold the sign: 

            You are God’s own beloved Son, 

            The source of life divine.

Text: Alan J. Hommerding, b. 1956, © 1994, 2011, World Library Publications

 

Psalm: Let my tongue be silenced, if ever I forget you!

 

Gospel Acclamation:
Praise and honor to you, O Lord, O Lord. Praise and honor to you, Lord Jesus Christ!

 

Presentation (When  Fr.Connolly is the Celebrant):

1.         What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!

            What wondrous love is this, O my soul!

            What wondrous love is this that caused the Lord of bliss

            To bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul;

            To bear the dreadful curse for my soul!

 

2.         To God and to the Lamb I will sing, I will sing;

            To God and to the Lamb I will sing.

            To God and to the Lamb, who is the great I AM,

            While millions join the theme, I will sing, I will sing;

            While millions join the theme, I will sing.

 

3.         And when from death I'm free, I'll sing on, I'll sing on;

            And when from death I'm free, I'll sing on.

            And when from death I'm free,  I'll sing and joyful be,

            And through eternity I'll sing on, I'll sing on;

            And through eternity I'll sing on.

 

Text: Alexander Means, 1801-1853

 

Sanctus XVIII Chant

Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus Dóminus Deus Sábaoth.

Pleni sunt coeli et terra glória tua. Hosánna in excélsis.

Benedíctus qui venit in nómine Dómini. Hosánna in excélsis.

Letra y música: Graduale Romanum, 1974.

 

Agnus Dei XVIII Chant

1, 2. Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccáta mundi: miserére nobis.

 

3. Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccáta mundi: dona nobis pacem.

Letra y música: Graduale Romanum, 1974.

 

Communion:

I have fixed my eyes on your hills, 

Jerusalem, my destiny!

Though I cannot see the end for me, 

I cannot turn away.

We have set our hearts for the way; 

This journey is our destiny.

Let no one walk alone. 

The journey makes us one.

 

1.         Other spirits, lesser gods, have courted me with lies.

            Here among you I have found a truth which bids me rise.

 

2.         See, I leave the past behind; a new land calls to me.

            Here among you now I find a glimpse of what might be.

 

3.         In my thirst, you let me drink the waters of your life.

            Here among you I have met the savior, Jesus Christ. 

 

4.         All the worlds I have not seen you open to my view.

            Here among you I have found a vision, bright and new.

 

5.         To the tombs I went to mourn the hope I thought was gone. 

            Here among you I awoke to unexpected dawn.

 

Text: Rory Cooney, b.1952, © 1990, GIA Publications, Inc.

 

Reprinted with permission under One License #A-700703. All rights reserved.

 

 

CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES COLLECTION

There will be a special Collection this weekend for Catholic Relief Services. Please drop your donations in the baskets as you enter the church. Thank you for your generosity.

 

CARDINAL’S APPEAL COMMITMENT WEEKEND

This weekend, (March 13/14) we will conduct our Commitment Weekend for the Cardinal’s Appeal. To date, 162 parish households have responded allowing us to reach $ 51,997.00 of our Appeal Goal. Thank you to those parishioners for your early support. We are over ½ way to our goal!

As you enter Mass today each family will receive a Cardinal’s Appeal envelope and a pencil. After the homily, Father Michael will speak about the Appeal and ask your support.

 

HOLY WEEK AND EASTER WILL REQUIRE FREE TICKETS

A reminder that we are requiring everyone to reserve for the Masses or Services they would like to attend from Holy Thursday through Easter Sunday (except Tenebrae on Good Friday morning).  Tickets are be available on-line at

https://stcolumbaonline.org/easter-masses or by going to the parish homepage (www.stcolumbaonline.org) and clicking on the “Easter Masses” link. 

NOTE - If you do not have access to the internet, please work together with a relative or friend to sign up. If necessary, you may call the church office and our staff will help you.

 

SIGN UPS SO FAR (percentage of capacity)

 

·        Holy Thursday – 82%  (Livestream in gym if needed)

·        Good Friday 3PM – 77%  (Livestream in gym if needed)

·        Good Friday Stations 23%

·        Easter Vigil – 53%  (Livestream in gym if needed)

·        7:30 Church – 58%

·        7:30 Gym – Not open yet

·        9:00 Church -- 78%

·        9:00 Gym – Now open

·        10:30 Church – 88%

·        10:30 Gym – Now open

·        12:00 Church – 50%

·        12:00 Gym – Not open yet

 

CONFIRMATION WEEKEND

Bishop Gerardo Colacicco, our former Pastor and now Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of New York, will celebrate the Rite of Confirmation for our Candidates on Friday, March 19 at 6:00 pm and on Saturday, March 20 at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Rehearsals will be held on Tuesday, March 16 at 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm and on Thursday, March 18 at 6:30 pm. Please pray for our Confirmandi.

 

CONSECRATION TO ST. JOSEPH

Our Parish will be Consecrated to St. Joseph on his Feast Day – Friday, March 19 – at the 7:00 am Mass. All are welcome.

 

THIS WEEK AT ST. COLUMBA

Sunday, March 14

Catholic Relief Services Collection

Cardinal’s Appeal Commitment Weekend

Solemn Vespers – 6:00 pm

 

Monday, March 15

No Parish Council

People of teh Passion "The Centurion" Father Connolly 7:00 pm

 

Tuesday, March 16

No Adoration

Confirmation Rehearsal 4:30 pm & 6:30 pm

Living Lent Small Group 7:30 pm

 

Wednesday, March 17

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

 

Thursday, March 18

No Adoration

Confirmation Rehearsal 4:30 pm

 

Friday, March 19

No Adoration – No Stations of the Cross

Consecration to St. Joseph at 7:00 am Mass

Confirmation at 6:00 pm

 

Saturday, March 20

Confirmation at 10:00 am & 1:00 pm