Sunday, March 12, 2017

"Listen To Him"

Anna White was a Parishioner of St. Julian’s Church in Chicago. When she reached 106th birthday she was asked by a reporter - what is her secret?
She said: “There is no secret. I live by my rules. When I go to sleep, I tell God my problems. He tells me what to do. I keep waking up – so I guess God’s happy with how I’m listening to Him.”     How I’m listening to him!

Mt. Tabor   up near the Galilee  to understand Tabor – first Caeseria
A few days before this, Jesus was with his Apostles in Caeseria Phillipi
asked:   --  Who do people say that I am      Elijah, John the Baptist, prophet
Who do you say that I am?     Peter – Messiah
Jesus - This Messiah must suffer, die on the cross, and rise 3 days later
Peter – this cannot be    Get behind me, Satan  - you are talking not as God does, but as people do.    (You Are Not Listening”)

6 days later Jesus takes his Apostles – filled with sadness and fear - up Mt Tabor –
-         mountain a “thin place”  closest to God.
-         Elijah & Moses appear – the Law and the Prophets
-         he is transfigured    -  turned inside out so divinity is revealed. How He looked at Resurrection!
-         There will be darkness  – crucifixion!   – but there will be light
-         Peter – let’s put up tents – can we stay here – no, but carry this experience with you!!!
-         Father – this is my beloved son   LISTEN TO HIM!!!

Get on a plane – go through safety routine – do we listen?  Except for this flight – we may have a problem with the landing gear – lets go through what can happen – everyone is listening now.   Why listen – best interests at heart –- want to save us -  doesn’t Jesus?!

Try Listening to the One who can save our lives and our souls!

Anna White was asked – what is your secret?  It’s no secret – I listen to God!