Saturday, September 26, 2020

Updates From St. Columba - September 26, 2020


Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time

 

Entrance Antiphon

Cantor: At  the  name  of  the  Lord  let  eve-  ry  knee  bend,   in  heav-  en,  on    earth  and  un-  der  the  earth;  for  the  Lord  be-  came  o-  be-  dient  un-  to    death,   e-  ven  death  on  the  Cross;  that  is  why  Je-  sus  Christ  is    the  Lord,   to  the  glo-  ry  of  God  the  Fa-  ther. 

( Vs. O  Lord,  hear  my    prayer,   and  let  my  cry  come  un-  to  you.) 


Assembly:  Glo-  ry  be  to  the    Fa-  ther,  and  to  the  Son,   and  to  the  Ho-  ly  Spir-  it.  As  it  was  in  the    be-  gin-  ning,   is  now,  and  ev-  er  shall  be,   world  with-  out  end.  A-  men. 


 Psalm Response: Remember your mercies, O Lord.


 Offertory Antiphon: Upon  the  rivers  of  Babylon,  there  we  sat  down  and  we  wept,   as  we    remembered  you,  O  Zion.


 Communion Antiphon: Be  mindful  of  your  word  to  your  servant,  O  Lord,    in  which  you    caused  me  to  hope;   this  has  been  my  comfort  in  my  affliction.

 Communion Hymn:

 

1.      O breathe on me, O Breath of God,

          Fill me with life anew,

          That I may love the things you love,

          And do what you would do.

 

2.      O breathe on me, O Breath of God,

          Until my heart is pure; 

          Until my will is one with yours,

          To do and to endure.

 

3.      O breathe on me, O Breath of God,

          My will to yours incline, 

          Until this selfish part of me

          Glows with your fire divine.

 

4.      O breathe on me, O Breath of God,

          So shall I never die,

          But live with you the perfect life

          Of your eternity.

 Text: Edwin Hatch, 1835-1889

 Reprinted with permission under ONE LICENSE #A-700703. All rights reserved

 

SPECIAL SEMINARY COLLECTION – This weekend a special Collection will be taken for St. Joseph’s Seminary. For generations, the Seminary has trained priests for the Archdiocese of New York. You support will help provide priests for the future. Thank you for your generous gift!

 

LITURGY SCHEDULE CHANGES THIS WEEK

 

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 – No Adoration. Evening Mass at 5:30 pm. Confirmation Rehearsal at 7:00 pm

 

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 – Adoration from 4:00 – 6:30 pm. Confirmation Rehearsal at 7:00 pm

 

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1 – No Adoration – Wedding Rehearsal followed by Evening Mass 7:00 pm

 

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2 - Wedding at 3:30 pm, Adoration 5:30 – 8:00 pm


SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3 - Confirmations at 10:30 am and 1:30 pm. Wedding Rehearsal at 6:30 pm

 

SPECIAL NOTE – We would be willing to move Adoration back to the chapel, open the windows and remove ½ of the chairs. To everyone who signs up to cover Adoration – please email Deacon Chris -cmerenda@frontiernet.net – and let him know if it would be OK to move back to the chapel or we should remain in the church until conditions get better.

 

BLESSING OF ANIMALS – In honor of St. Francis, we will have the annual Blessing of Animals on Sunday, October 4 at 1:30 pm on the lawn in front of the church.