Saturday, September 12, 2020

TWENTY-FOURTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME

 

Entrance Antiphon (Sir 36: 18 and Ps 121: 1) 

Cantor: Grant  peace  to  those  who  are  waiting  for  you,  O  Lord,   so  that    your  proph-  ets  may  be  proved  trust-  wor-  thy;  hear  the  prayers  of  your    ser-  vant   and  of  your  peo-  ple  Is-  ra-  el.  

(Vs. I  re-  joiced  when  it  was  said    un-  to  me:   "Let  us  go  to  the  house  of  the  Lord.")

 Assembly: Glo-  ry  be  to  the    Fa-  ther,  and  to  the  Son,   and  to  the  Ho-  ly  Spir-  it.  As  it  was  in  the    be-  gin-  ning,   is  now,  and  ev-  er  shall  be,   world  with-  out  end.  A-  men.  

 

Psalm Response: “The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.”

 

Communion Antiphon

Bring  up  your  sacrifices  and  come  into  his  courts;   adore  the  Lord  in    his  holy  temple.

 

Communion:

1.       Take my heart, O lord, take my hopes and dreams. 

          Take my mind with all its plans and schemes.

 

Give me nothing more than your love and grace. 

These alone, O God, are enough for me.

 

2.       Take my thoughts, O lord, and my memory. 

          Take my tears, my joys, my liberty.

 

3.       I surrender, Lord, all I have and hold.

          I return to you your gifts untold.

 

4.       When the darkness falls on my final days, 

          take the very breath that sang your praise.

 

Text: Based on “Suscipe” Prayer of Ignatius of Loyola; Dan Schutte, b. 1947

Tune: Dan Schutte, b. 1947

© 2004, Dan Schutte, Published by OCP.

 

Reprinted with permission under ONE LICENSE #A-700703. All rights reserved.

 

 

SPECIAL COLLECTION FOR THE HOLY LAND

 

Holy Father Francis has asked us take up a Collection for the Holy Land this weekend. It usually takes place on Good Friday, but the pandemic stopped us from doing that. Perhaps you already gave through WeShare, E-Giving or by dropping off your Good Friday envelope. If you have not done so, please consider making a gift. It will help the good work of the Franciscans in the Holy Land and enable them to care for the Holy Sites. Make sure to put your donation in an envelope marked “Holy Land” and drop it in a Collection basket or mail it to the church. God bless you!