Monday, October 21, 2019

Prayer


The boy knelt next to his bed and began to say his prayers. Very quietly and reverently he began to recite the alphabet  A B C D E F
Brother was listening, what are you doing? Well, I’m praying, but I can’t think of the right words. So, I’m saying letters and God will put the words together for me!

Good he was praying

(Adult) When the Son of Man comes, will he find any faith on earth? Well certainly less!
65% Americans Christian down from 77% 10 years ago.
26% Nunes – no religion up from 17 % 10 years ago

My parents did so much for me – but one of the best things – they taught me to pray
1)      Taught me formal prayers
2)      Dad at bedtime
3)      Prayer at meals
4)      Rosary
5)      Church & Mass
6)      Quiet visits to church.   Never doubted Presence of God.

Sometimes would ask God for things – but did not always get them. I realized I was always asking my parents for things – did NOT always give them to me. Many times, NO – for my own good – or for their own reasons.   Sometimes do not understand, but I trust.

Began to learn – prayer does not change God – prayer changes me!

Good way to remember how to pray:

A – Adoration
C – Contrition
T – Thanksgiving
S – Supplication (Petition)    Lift each other up!!!

Little girl would sometimes get scared at night – would hear the wind – squeaks – window rattle – so would get up and go to parents’ bedroom.  Would know where dad was sleeping because he always snored!  She would reach up and touch her daddy’s hand and everything was all right. She did not have to wake him up or say anything. Just knowing Dad was there helped her to go back to her room and go to sleep.

So, pray always, and do not lose heart – God is there!